I finally found a cleanser that my hyper sensitive skin loves! I’ve tried countless expensive top of the line sensitive skin cleansers that have left my skin dry, red and irritated. I decided to look for a DIY remedy for my sensitive skin problem. During my research, I kept reading how coconut oil is good for just about everything. I came across several recipes, but this one seems to be doing the trick. I found the products needed at my local Wal-Mart. Super easy and inexpensive to make!
This cleanser removes makeup, cleanses, exfoliates, and moisturizes. Who doesn’t love an all in one product? I’ve tried this product for the last 3 weeks and my skin has never felt so hydrated. I haven’t had any rashes or breakouts. Did I mention I was in love? Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Raw Honey
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 Small container with lid
- Put coconut oil in small bowl and stir with spoon. If it’s really hard, run the spoon under some hot water, dry spoon, continue stirring until creamy (not liquid).
- Add honey and stir well.
- Add baking soda and stir well.
- Spoon into clean container with lid.
- Store at room temperature.
- No worries if it hardens, it will melt when applied to skin from your body heat.
- Use a small wooden spatula (found in makeup section of drugstore or Ulta) or small spoon to scoop out a pea sized amount.
- Apply to face and neck, move in small circular motion to exfoliate.
- Let it set on your face for a minute to draw out toxins.
- Rinse and remove with a warm wash cloth.
- There may be some oil residue left over, but it will absorb quickly and go away when you pat dry with a towel.
- I haven’t had to use a moisturizer, but if you do I recommend http://www.ponds.us/product/detail/95796/dry-skin-cream. Also found at Wal-Mart.